11 September 2007

Being in love is great!

You see, when Julie left me, I really didn’t think I would get into another relationship in a hurry. Things change though and now after just over a year I have a partner and we’re living together. Jana and I met last December in her home town in Brno. We met at an Irish session and as soon as she walked in I thought that something big had happened. It was my birthday and I introduced myself to her with: “Hi there, I’m Uwe, it’s my Birthday, and I want a birthday kiss. She gave me a little peck on the cheeks and I was happy. I saw her again the next day at a Scottish Ceilidh in Brno and I was just besotted. Unfortunately, she took off to the bar with some geezer, who was married and wanted a bit at the side, and I only saw her for a few dances that night. (Oh and she told the geezer to take a hike) After I got back to Edinburgh, I started calling her, and we spoke pretty much every day since the 16th Dec 2006 and after me visiting her a few times in Brno and her visiting me a few times here, we got together, and her parents supported her in changing to a British college here and now we’re a team.
Last night, we went for a cycle on the old hospital grounds just around the block from where we live. It was beautiful and I just realised how much I appreciate our union. We’re a good team. Jana loves my kids, and they love her, and we both like similar activities. So to all of you possums who are alone. Maybe you’re solo, maybe you’ve broken up with someone. Don’t give up and never think you won’t find anybody else. There are 6 billion people on this planet; you will find somebody for you.

Love & peace Possums

No comments:


And why Scotland...

In 1987 I was travelling around Europe when while in the South of France I came across a couple from Scotland. I liked them immediately and they said that I must go and visit the place. I didn’t even know where Scotland was, and I had absolutely nothing planned, so I said: “ok, why not, lets go and check the place out”. I didn’t go back to Germany for 5 years.

So, why Scotland, you may ask?... I think it’s the place, the people, the wilderness and all the things you just can’t find anywhere else. I love it!