28 August 2007

Who wanted to have a band again?!

You know, when I started this idea about having “a band” again, instead of my usual solo stuff, I really thought: “ok I’m in my 40s, really, now all my nightmares with band members should be past” Well – I was wrong. It’s like this… The bass player is playing elsewhere, and if not he’s hanging around with whatever woman comes to see him, the drummer’s just real sweet, tells you what you want to hear, and then buggers off to Spain, whilst the boardist has an identity crisis involving his drug dealer. OH WHAT JOY!!

So now I’m sorting out my material and start recording on my own with some mates who do telesales on the side but are cool duded who have their heart in it. The great thing about that is that I have no idea what we’ll sound like, but that’s cool and I’m excited.

Oh by the way, I just got up listening to Bob Mould’s “Poison Years” – what a brilliant track! Check out his blog; http://modulate.blogspot.com/

See ya later Possums

No comments:


And why Scotland...

In 1987 I was travelling around Europe when while in the South of France I came across a couple from Scotland. I liked them immediately and they said that I must go and visit the place. I didn’t even know where Scotland was, and I had absolutely nothing planned, so I said: “ok, why not, lets go and check the place out”. I didn’t go back to Germany for 5 years.

So, why Scotland, you may ask?... I think it’s the place, the people, the wilderness and all the things you just can’t find anywhere else. I love it!