23 August 2007

G'day Possums

It's a beautiful day here in Edinburgh and I'm still bumming about in bed trying to get this new blog thing going. I'm just starting to like my guitar sound again and I'm quite humbled about the boys at Sound Control in Edinburgh http://www.soundcontrol.co.uk/ especially Jamie who's been helping me "big time" with my guitar issue(s). Boy that geezer's got patience.

So now I'm playing a Hagstrom Deluxe-F in, wait for it: "Gold Sparkle", which is just about the most ridiculous thing I've seen - EVER!!! But this baby sounds so awesome and it has the most gorgeous neck I have ever played. These guitars where big in the 60s and then disappeared, look at their website http://www.hagstromguitars.com/

I also have a new 4x12 cab, it's a Grainger in red and it sounds great! Together with a couple of pedals this should be me for a bit. More on my gear later.

I'm trying to get rid of this arthritis which has been bugging me since 1994 and I've been pretty much in pain all over for most of the time. If you know of any cures which help with this dreaded disease please let me know. That's it for today... Cheerio Possums x

No comments:


And why Scotland...

In 1987 I was travelling around Europe when while in the South of France I came across a couple from Scotland. I liked them immediately and they said that I must go and visit the place. I didn’t even know where Scotland was, and I had absolutely nothing planned, so I said: “ok, why not, lets go and check the place out”. I didn’t go back to Germany for 5 years.

So, why Scotland, you may ask?... I think it’s the place, the people, the wilderness and all the things you just can’t find anywhere else. I love it!